In this section, you will find information around the services on offer to support a child or young person’s health.
Many youngsters with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) also require additional support from health services.

If the child or young person has an education, health and care (EHC) plan, this may cover their health needs relating to their SEND and social care needs relating to their SEND or to a disability.

How to get support

If you require support from the health service (including mental health support), the starting point is likely to be a referral from your GP or (in some cases) from the child or young person’s school.

Physical Health

Mental Health

Mental Health and Wellbeing – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Sunderland Community CAMHS – Sunderland CAMHS

Health – Learning Disability Matters Learning Disability Matters

0-19 Services – Growing Healthy Sunderland provides an integrated Public Health service for expectant mothers, children and young people and their families in the city – Growing Healthy Sunderland – Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust (  (Single Point of contact telephone number: 03000 031552)

Children and Young People’s Service

Washington Mind

Sunderland Mind

Sunderland IAPT


Wellbeing Info

Young Minds

Every Mind Matters

Skip to content